What better way to shop this season than with the Barcode Hero and a chance to win iTunes giftcards? The Barcode Hero is an app for your iPhone or iPod that scans an item’s barcode and then view product details, recommendations, price comparisons, and even add the item to your wish list. What sets this app from all the other UPC scanner apps is that it is linked to social networking. After scanning an item with the Barcode Hero app you can share the item on Facebook and Twitter. You already follow your friends from your social media profiles that are using the app. But you can also find more people to follow and they can follow you in return. It’s described as a community where people can come together and talk about products and their recommendations.
After downloading the Barcode Hero app on my iPhone I went around and scanned a few items. First of all it is really easy to capture the barcode unlike many of the other UPC scanning apps. After you scan the item, it is added to your list and from there you can submit a picture, “like”, add to your wish list, own it, or share it with your Twitter or Facebook followers. You can also check out the recommendation or wish lists from those who follow you and many more.You can download Barcode Hero from the Apple app store for free.
Barcode Hero is giving away (3) $25 iTunes gift cards. I know you would love one of these! Please follow the instructions below carefully. I will remove any invalid entries. All entries must be received before 12/18 midnight CST. US only. Make sure you leave a good email address because if you win you will need to verify within 48 hrs.
Mandatory Entry (this entry will be verified by Barcode Hero:
- Download the free Barcode Hero app.
- Scan and review an item using Barcode Hero.
- Come back and post what item you scanned and reviewed.
- Follow @jess_benton and @Barcode Hero on Twitter and tweet how much you like the Barcode Hero app. Don’t forget to mention Barcode Hero and I in your tweet.(once per day, 1 entry each tweet, you can use the twitter link at the bottom or top of this post)
- Like this post on Facebook using the link below. (1 entry)
- Like Barcode Hero on Facebook, and write on their wall. Tell them That Tech Chick sent you. (3 entries)
- Like That Tech Chick on Facebook at the bottom of this page.(2 entry)
- Subscribe by email to my RSS feed and confirm your email address. (3 entries)
- Post my button on your sidebar of your blog, come back & leave me a link. (2 entries)
- Add my blog to your public blog roll and leave the link (2 entries)
* Disclosure: I was provided a free copy of Barcode Hero and a $25 GC, information, and a product to giveaway. The Amazon link is an affiliate link.