My youngest daughter Leandra, wants to be a chef when she grows up. She is 14 yrs old now and has her eye on the apple. She loves to try to create new dishes in our household and use the other kids as guinea pigs to taste test them.
I enjoy inspiring Leandra with new dishes and ideas to help her grow her knowledge of cooking. I had the idea to get creative with pizza. As a busy family with 4 teenagers we eat a lot of pizza, and with anything you eat a lot of it gets old fast. So instead of making traditional pizza we created Pizza Monkey Bread. Leandra loves to make Monkey Bread, so we added this spin.
|Pizza Monkey Bread|
- 2 packages frozen pizza dough
- 1 package pepperoni slices
- 1 lb block mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can pizza sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 475
- Cut mozzarella into small chunks
- Melt butter and mix in garlic (set aside)
- Create small balls with defrosted pizza dough
- Flatten each ball and put one slice of pepperoni and one mozzarella cheese chunk in the center. Mold the dough around the filling.
- Place each ball in a greased pan
- After creating all of the filled balls, brush the garlic butter on the top of the balls.
- Sprinkle with Oregano
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Heat pizza sauce
**When the Pizza Monkey Bread is ready to serve, serve with pizza sauce on the side to dip the balls into
*** You can use any meat and cheese in your Pizza Monkey Bread. Another idea is to sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the top before putting into the oven.