I just had to share this easy one pan dinner recipe with chicken and asparagus.
I’ve said it before, but I will say it again. I am not into the fancy dinner recipes. I feel you can make a great healthy meal without a ton of ingredients that you can never find at a regular grocery store.
I am a busy mom and my husband works evenings. So dinner making time is filled with chasing a toddler, keeping the house together and making sure the 17 yr old is on the right track. I have to make meals that are quick, budget friendly, and appeal to everyone.
We are currently fighting the battle of Landon touching the hot oven and hoping he doesn’t get tall enough to grab pot handles. I keep telling myself to invest in a gate to keep him out of the kitchen but I haven’t gotten around to that just yet.
I am sure having a gate will make him mad so I keep putting it off and just try to teach him what he can and cannot touch in the kitchen. That’s one reason I threw together this one pan chicken and asparagus meal. It came out great and I just had to share.
- 2lb chicken tenders
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 tbsp Weber chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- non stick cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. (I use the olive oil spray)
- Generously coat both sides of the chicken tenders with the Weber chicken seasoning.
- Place the chicken tenders on half of the pan.
- Cut the asparagus into 1½ in pieces.
- Toss in the other half of the pan adding garlic.
- Top with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix together with your hands.
- Bake in the oven for 25 min or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.