So you want to review products on your blog like Consumer Reports. Whether you are new at blogging or have been blogging for a while, reviewing products can be a benefit of blogging. Not only do you get to try out new and cool products, you also get a chance to have a company and others know your honest opinion about the products.
To get the hang of reviewing you should review products that you already own and use. Make a list about the product. Divide the list into pros and cons. Think deeply about how you use the product in your everyday life, how it helps you, how you would improve the product. Then post your review on your blog.
If there are products that you are interested in search the Internet for their PR contact. Email the PR contact a well written pitch and let them know why you like their product and why you want to review it. Also let them know how your review will help them.
There are also sites that can help you get in touch with companies that want bloggers to review their products. Here is a list of just a few.
- Buzz Agent is one of my favorite. I have been a member since 2005. Not only do you get a chance to review products, but you also earn points to redeem at MyPoints. I have redeemed my points several times for gift cards.
- Blogger Linkup is an email that you will receive several times a week. You can find requests for guest bloggers, and those who want to guest blog. There are also companies that are requesting reviews for their products and their contact info.
- RepNation is a new one for me. I am not that familiar with it but I see that you can join campaigns, and like Buzz Agent you not only review products, you also are rewarded with points to redeem.
- Mom Select has many opportunities for bloggers.
- My Blog Spark also has many opportunities.
This is just a few to get started with. Remember, you will start out small. But, as you get more familiar with blogging and/or reviewing more opportunities will come along. Don’t get frustrated and stay focused.