This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #thetalkofthetable #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
The holiday season time of the year is filled with awesome food and amazing friends to share it with. I love potlucks, family get togethers, and even just having friends over for dinner. In our house we take part in all the festive activities. Get togethers can range from popcorn movie nights, ice cream social activities, and friends gathering around some perfect pasta dishes. I am all about making convenient foods that serve many and is quick and easy to prepare.
Pasta dishes can be complex or easy, the possibilities are endless and it is so versatile. Of course I lean towards the easy. With that in mind I have been meaning to share a pasta dish for a while and this is the perfect opportunity. This Chicken Caprese Pasta dish is so easy and makes enough to bring to a potluck, can be elegant enough for an intimate dinner with friends or loved ones, or can even be a dish for a holiday get together. I used a few easy ingredients that work perfectly together.
Barilla Penne Pasta is a brand that I trust because it is the #1 choice of Italy, tastes great, simple, wholesome and high quality. It also perfectly matches with Barilla sauces. All of this brings great quality authentic product and taste to our table.
I paired this Chicken Caprese Pasta meal with Clos du Bois Chardonnay wine to bring a bit of sophistication to my meal. This wine is an elegant choice that is premium but comes at a great price. Clos du Bois Classics wines is a consumer favorite and a crowd pleaser. I chose Chardonnay because it is fruit forward and has a balanced oak character. But not to overwhelming. The oak intensity is low-medium. This Clos du Bois Chardonnay pairs perfectly with pasta dishes.
So without further aidu, here is my recipe for Chicken Caprese Pasta.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 in pieces
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 box Barilla Penne Pasta
- 2 med lemons
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat olive oil in pan, add chicken and cook thoroughly, add minced garlic close to the end of the cooking process
- Cook pasta according to the package directions
- Transfer pasta to large dish, add mozzarella cheese and zest from one lemon and juice from both lemons and mix
- Mix in chicken and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and serve
- *NOTE: I usually add fresh chopped basil before adding the balsamic vinegar, however my local stores did not have any fresh basil.
You can find more recipe inspirations using Barilla Pastas ==>>HERE<<==